[Xen-users] High IOWAIT

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] High IOWAIT
From: Lorenzo Milesi <lorenzo.milesi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:06:11 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 04:06:56 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

I've a setup with opensource xen3.0.3 on debian etch.
lately i'm experiencing problems with the main debian domu, which runs
samba cyrus apache and few other services.
i'm having very high machine load due to iowait at 100%. i suppose the
culprit to be cyrus, but i'm not sure. i have 4.5g mail, split in
something like 100000 files. I already remounted my partition with
noatime,nodiratime as suggested by the cyrus site, but didn't help. The
vm has only 1 virtual disk of 100gb, 70% free, on lvm.
is there anything xen could be involved in?

thanks
maxxer
--
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi@xxxxxxxxxx

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/
C.so E. Filiberto, 74 23900 Lecco - ITALY -
Tel 0341 220 205 - Fax 178 607 8199

GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0xE704E230 - http://keyserver.linux.it

-------- D.Lgs. 196/2003 --------

Si avverte che tutte le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono
riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nel caso in cui questo
messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo
senza copiarlo, a non inoltrarlo a terzi e ad avvertirci non appena
possibile.
Grazie.