Re: [Xen-users] Windows XP Pro SP1 installs, but no GUI/Display after a

To: Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Windows XP Pro SP1 installs, but no GUI/Display after a reboot
From: Stephan Wentz <stephan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 02:30:25 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 17:30:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thorolf Godawa wrote:
Hi,

I've gotten the intall to work just fine.  I get to the point where it
asks me for network information, date, time, etc. but then after a few
seconds the screen goes blank and the XP gui disappears.
stupid hint, but check if the install media of XP REALLY works (I had
similar problems with XP installs on VMs and figured out that my CDs
where bad).

Same here. We tried all kinds of things for 2 hours until my colleage came embarrassed from the server room because he found out that he inserted an XP SP2 installer CD instead of a Windows Server 2003 CD, and that was of course not bootable ^^