Re: [Xen-users] Windows HVMs No Longer Run

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Windows HVMs No Longer Run
From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 21:13:26 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 May 2008 18:14:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thursday May 22 2008 02:41:46 pm Nick Couchman wrote:
> Okay, just upgraded to SLES10 SP2 which has XEN version 3.2.  By and large
> things are working much better, with the exception that I can no longer run
> Windows-based HVMs.  The HVM domUs start, the Windows boot screen loads,
> but when they go to switch to the graphical console, they just hang and eat
> the CPU.  There are no other clues - no messages in dmesg or xm dmesg or xm
> log.  Attached is one of the qemu-dm*.log files from one of the domains
> that's currently eating as much CPU as Xen will allow.  Also attached is
> the config file for that domU.

The only thing that looks suspicious is the 'bridge=xenbr108' option. (You
also don't need the trailing ',' in 'disk=' either.) One of the things that
changed in 3.2 is the default bridge is eth0, same as the non-xen net
interface. Check 'brctl show' to make sure that your bridge is actually being
created, and which bridge shown has peth0 (the xen physical interface) in it.

Something else you could try is create a test Windows domain, and compare the
config created to the one you have.