[Xen-users] problems with i2o on XEN kernel when using high memory suppo

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] problems with i2o on XEN kernel when using high memory support in kernel
From: Radomir Klacza <rklacza@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 14:43:51 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 May 2008 05:43:11 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,
I was using xen 3.2.0 with the kernel 2.6.21-xen #2 SMP on gentoo and
everything was fine until I've decided to extend RAM up to 6GB.

in the same .config which I previously used to prepare the dom0 kernel I've
changed High Memory Support from 4GB to 64GB and compiled it again.
I've also recompiled xen-3.2.0 with pae flag.

After rebooting, system crashed when udev was trying to load i2o_core module.
So I've added the i2o_core to the blacklist and the system wake up but
unfortunately no /dev/sda* files were present.

I have Adaptec RAID controler with two harddrives but the / is on ATA (not
RAID)  disk.

Any help will be appreciated,
Bets regards

Radomir Klacza