Re: [Xen-users] Building custom dom0 kernel

To: jonr@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Building custom dom0 kernel
From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 20:11:48 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 May 2008 17:12:18 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:reply-to:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=3xXcKft7CKp1WigFMo+H7590rAPWdNOW1oJ6wmq/vOc=; b=UqhN5cr4cAkk8sAxAEZVzgh0lpfCfZaLWIDUQ4QfzI/0AOxrvL/0eCKa5Duyr1xKr/UclJLfprY8FPcwejnTYsl8RT81N9JOeVyhPgekzIpqqJ46zqG10sJnTU3liFV1ODhDzr5FzxxoHSuGPaNPnGd4bBXWrPvRew6WGuKQ12c=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Jon,

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 6:20 PM,  <jonr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been looking and looking for a way to do this and was wondering if
> anybody had some links to some pages or some sagely advice on this. I was
> thinking I could take a source kernel from one of the distro's and and a
> pristine kernel from kernel.org and diff them and create a patch set for a
> newer kernel. Has anyone tried this and documented their experiences?

For Ubuntu see:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kernel-team/2008-April/002324.html

The patches are in the source package in the debian/ directory.

All distros must have a diff against the kernel.org kernel, it is just a matter
of understanding there package management and source packages in
particular. You can generally find the distro sources online, but I guess that
probably also depends on the distros and how they store it.