[Xen-users] dropped packets showing on dom0 vif not in domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] dropped packets showing on dom0 vif not in domU
From: Steve Wray <steve.wray@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 09:40:48 +1200
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 May 2008 08:37:27 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

I'm seeing dropped RX packets on the vif for many domUs, as reported in xm top. Sometimes hundreds per second.

Within the domus involved I see no dropped packets.

This normally only happens when there is simultaneous high disk and network load.

Can someone please explain why the dropped packets show on the vif in dom0 but not on the interface as seen in domU?

Is this a bug in xm top which is mis-reporting something?

Thanks