Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.9 of GPL PV drivers for Windows

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 01:44:04PM -0400, jim burns wrote:
> On Sunday April 27 2008 01:09:57 pm you wrote:
> > That's really slow.. how much do you get between pv linux domU and dom?
>
> Currently 580 Mb/s. I really haven't done anything to my Fedora pv domu that
> would affect connectivity since the 0.8.0 benchmarks, where I reported 1563
> Mb/s. Yeah, I know - a step backwards, but still more than I need. (The only
> Fedora pv change was updating to Rawhide. Dom0 was updated from xen.gz
> 3.1.0-rc7 to 3.1.3. Xen is still 3.1.2.)
>
> We already covered this ground on my system's performance in that same
> thread 'Release 0.8.0 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows', where you had me test a
> bunch of settings.

Hmm.. so hvm winxp with pv drivers is around 20x slower for you than pv
linux domU..

btw did you have other domains running while your tests were running?

Have you tried VMware btw? Would be nice to see results with other
virtualization software too..

-- Pasi