Re: [Xen-users] grub.conf//menu.lst

Mehmet Can ÖNAL wrote:
I think i should create initrd that will be another challange for me :) as you
guess :)

I found 3.1 tarball that's why i use 3.1, is there sometihng worng with this
version. Where can i find the 3.2 tarball? And my last question to create
initrd is hard? (u think i!m hopeless :)) )

Although this is not a general support list, let's give it a try:
Just boot the system with one of the kernels and run (as root):

# There must be a 2.6-xen directory, check that
ls -d /lib/modules

# the last parameter to mkinitrd points to the modules directory
mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6-xen.img 2.6-xen

and let the grub.conf file look like:

title XEN-3.1 FROM TarBall
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=192M
        module /vmlinuz-2.6-xen ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb
        module /initrd-2.6-xen.img