Re: [Xen-users] pulseaudio

On Wednesday April 23 2008 11:38:16 am Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
> Forget winesd, on the Xen PV have snd-dummy loaded. If you are using
> X-Windows and XDMCP to connect to your remove hosts you can have them set
> the PULSESERVER on login by querying out the hostname on the $DISPLAY
> string and setting a global environment variable.

Thanx for the detailed configs, but I'm not having any problem with my PV
domain. I just set my PULSE_SERVER, and it works w/o any further fuss, or
latency problems.

It's my Windows XP hvm I'm having trouble with, which is using winesd. I've
just finished experimenting with realtime scheduling for the pulseaudio
server, and it didn't help - the sound still skips/repeats. This leads me to
believe it is not the server that's not fast enough, but the hvm that isn't
supplying sound packets fast enough. Probably this is from either the
overhead of an hvm domain, or winesd is a really sucky driver. Nothing in
Device Manager for the Enlightenment Driver seems to be configurable.

If I find anything that helps, I'll report back.