[Xen-users] Drivers for Win2k3 domU

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Drivers for Win2k3 domU
From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 20:27:06 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:28:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a windows 2003 server that I converted from a vmware image to a
domU. It works, but I have one PCI Device that is not being found.

Since it is full virtualization do I need the drivers for the specific
hardware?

Also, I tried instaling a win2k3 machine using virt manager and creating
a disk0 img file. The install starts fine, formats the disk, but then
bombs saying something about an invalid boot sector or something.

How do you install Windows 2003 like this? I want it installed using an
img file for portability. When it goes production I'll probably dd it to
a lv.

Thanks,
James