RE: [Xen-users] bandwidth limiting - vif "rate" option

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] bandwidth limiting - vif "rate" option
From: tycoonog@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:36:08 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:36:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

thanks for the answers!

> I think you don't get it :) tc or iptables are just the tools that xen
> hackers will use too. Just put it in the network scripts.

I know, that i can do it with tc in combination with iptables, but the setup is
very "complex", thats my opinion.

> You can install wondershaper for both ways

I have heard of wondership, but AFTER a reboot the "vifX.X" (see ifconfig) of
the domU will change and wondership is bound to this "vifX.X" ?

The "rate" option limits the OUTGOING traffic, but why the devs do not
implement even the option to limit the INCOMING traffic. :-D

Do i have overseen (maybe the wrong vocabulary, im sorry) something ?

A option like rateTX and rateRX would be very cool, right ? :)

Greetings,
Eduard