Re: [Xen-users] 3w-xxxx / 3ware 8006-2LP corruption issues using Xen ker

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] 3w-xxxx / 3ware 8006-2LP corruption issues using Xen kernel
From: Holm Kapschitzki <holm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:16:41 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 07:19:01 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bas Verhoeven schrieb:

Is there even anyone that uses the same controller and has no problems at all?

I think it depends to a lot of boxes. Take a look:

http://www.3ware.com/KB/article.aspx?id=15243&cNode=6I1C6S

Perhaps in mainstream Debian Kernel it is fixed, but now i spent surely 2-3 months to this bug an tried a lot. For now i changed to sofwareraid, hoping in 2.6.23 or higher xen Kernel its is fixed sometimes.

Another interesting thing is, if a start xen kernel 2.6.18-2.6.20 with more than 256 MB Memory the errors are less than starting with 64/256 MB for dom0.

Greetings Holm