[Xen-users] Xen Mailing Lists

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Stephen Spector" <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 15:52:31 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 12:53:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Xen.org Community:

As the Xen.org community manager, I would like to personally apologize to the community for the Xen.org Mailing Lists being down for the past week.  As part of the Citrix acquisition of XenSource, the IT departments have been working at merging systems and we discovered a problem with a financial integration as the server hosting the Xen.org Mailing Lists was not paid for by the new system and was turned off by the hosting agency. The Xen.org Mailing Lists servers are at Cambridge University and it took some time to determine what happened, pay the bill, and get the systems up and running properly.

To ensure that nothing like this happens again, we are going to begin work on moving the Xen.org Mailing Lists from a hosted server at Cambridge to a server working directly with Xen.org within the Citrix IT infrastructure. This effort may take a few weeks as we need to ensure that no emails are lost in the transition and that everyone can continue to use the existing mailing list names as the new mailing list server is brought up.

Once again, I apologize for the problem and hope that you continue to invest your time and effort in this community project as I continue to look for new ways to expand and improve the tools available to you. All suggestions are appreciated and  I will follow-up on all requests.

Finally, be sure to register for Xen Summit in Boston this summer – the latest information is available at http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2008/04/21/xen-summit-boston-are-you-coming/.

Stephen Spector

Sr. Program Manager, Xen.org

954.267.2853