[Xen-users] xm console hangs - in a way

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xm console hangs - in a way
From: Kai Schaetzl <maillists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 12:12:19 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 03:13:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I notice that since upgrading to the CentOS Xen 3.2 package the command
"xm console" appears to hang. Only when I hit enter it shows me the login
prompt. If I don't do that it hangs indefinitely. Also, it prints a
dmesg-like output before showing the login prompt now. If I hit enter too
fast it may still be in the middle of this output and I have even seen it
then hang again, so that I needed another enter to get it going (and
sometimes that didn't help and it kept hanging there until I closed the
terminal and started anew). I see this behavior over SSH and in the Gnome
terminal windows. Is there something I can do to stop this annoying
behavior?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany