Re: [Xen-users] virtual gigabit

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >> Xen-user List" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] virtual gigabit
From: Daniel Kao <dkao@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:31:51 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 12:32:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Gordon,

AFAIK, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but GbE is only available to PV's and not HVM's if you're bridging interfaces into a guest domain.  Otherwise, HVM's are limited to Fast-Ethernet when bridged.

Only other option is to get a dedicated GbE NIC for an HVM and do a PCI passthru for it.

Gordon McLellan wrote:
Is there anyway to get gigabit networking for a fully virtualized
guest?  I've tried searching for this one, but all I get are results
about gigabit networking for the host / dom0, nothing for domU.

Thanks,
Gordon

--
Daniel Kao