Re: [Xen-users] Is XVD live resize possible?

Consider this to be my vote for block-reconfigure working.  I suspect it wouldn't take much work actually.

In retrospect, it's completely possible to concatenate devices at runtime using device mapper.  It's the same thing that LVM does under the sheets.  If you somehow got your root on a DM device (initrd maybe?), then you could live-modify it to add in another device you pass through.  It's fraught with peril, but completely possible.