[Xen-users] virtual machine console not displaying os on domU on sles10

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] virtual machine console not displaying os on domU on sles10
From: Jeff Christensen <jeffandjaneenc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 10:07:16 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 10:07:52 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, this is my first time posting to this list and I am sure I am overlooking something on this. I have installed a Windows 2003 Server on xen 3.0.4 on SLES10 sp1 - 64bit. It has been working fine, but after I ran updates on the host and rebooted, I am having problems displaying the 2003 server in the virtual machine console.

I am using the virt-manager. When I open the Windows 2003 Server domU it opens and states that it is running. But no graphical interface is displayed in the console. I have also tried connecting via vnc.

It almost seems like something has messed up with the way xensource is locating the port that the domU is running on.

I just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas or suggestions on what I could look at on this.

Thanks so much for your help,

Jeff Christensen