Re: [Xen-users] Convert CentOS system to Xen image?

> I'm sorry for delay, I was away from the network.

NP. Beggers can't be choosers. :-)

> Let us check image you have grabbed.
> Is it ok or no.
>

> Question #1.
>
> If you have qemu installed,
> just try to run
>
> qemu -hda centos.img

Not installed.

> and say (or better show)
> what do you see.
>

> Question #2.
>
> (if QEMU is not installed and you can't install it)
>
> What does the command chow?
>
> # file centos.img

This looks good I think.

# file centos.img
centos.img: x86 boot sector, Microsoft Windows XP mbr,Serial 0xb5058

> Question #3.
>

> # lsmod | grep -q ^loop || modprobe loop
> # losetup /dev/loop1 centos.img
>   (if /dev/loop1 is busy, try /dev/loop2, /dev/loop3 and so on
>   you can get know what loop devices are busy with the command
>   losetup -a
>   if device is not listed, it is not busy and you can use it)
>
> # fdisk -l /dev/loop1
>
> And show what you have got.

This can't be good.....

# lsmod | grep -q ^loop || modprobe lo
# losetup /dev/loop1 centos.img
# fdisk -l /dev/loop1

Disk /dev/loop1: 3845 MB, 3845230592 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 467 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

Disk /dev/loop1 doesn't contain a valid partition table

Thanks,
James