[Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.7 of GPL PV drivers for Windows

To: "Florian Manschwetus" <florianmanschwetus@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: [Xen-users] Release 0.8.7 of GPL PV drivers for Windows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 14:21:33 +1100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 20:22:02 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> With win2008 it works exept networking.

I am assuming here that you see an adapter but it just doesn't work.

> Tell me how i could help you, fixing this?

. Download DebugView from sysinternals.com
. Disable the xennet driver
. Reboot
. Start DebugView, and make sure that 'Capture Kernel' is selected
. Enable the xennet driver. DebugView should print up a heap of stuff
. Email the above stuff to me :)

I don't have a Win2008 to test on at this time, but the above might give me
a clue as to what is going wrong.

It could also be that Windows 2008 doesn't support NDIS5.1, in which case I
don't expect the above to tell us anything useful.

Thanks

James