Re: [Xen-users] poor network performance on domU

To: Ralf Müller <ralf@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] poor network performance on domU
From: James Wilson <jwilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 10:13:15 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Arvid Ephraim Picciani <aep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:14:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is this something that has to be done each time the domU is rebooted?

Ralf Müller wrote:

Am 22.03.2008 um 13:11 schrieb Arvid Ephraim Picciani:
On Saturday 22 March 2008 13:07:35 Teun Vink wrote:
 Performance towards the
domU is fine as well. Performance from the DomU's to the internet
however is dramatic: speeds start at 2-3MB/sec but quickly drop to
just a few KB/sec (!). Transfer of large files never end at all.
Then a helpfull soul on IRC gave me the hint to do
"ethtool -K eth0 tx off"  in the domUs. that helped dramaticly.

For me you are this helpful soul. I had this problem for half a
year now and no idea how to fix it. Network performance from a
domU to external systems as been as low as 4-8kBytes/sec. Now this
is fixed.

Thank you very much.

looks like a bug in xen.

Is this a known bug for Xen developers and are there any plans to
fix this?

Regards
Ralf