[Xen-users] how to make virtual machine in xen allocate memory automatic

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] how to make virtual machine in xen allocate memory automatically?
From: "Jimmy Jiang" <jjiang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:26:13 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 08:26:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hi,
recently I installed  xen 3.0 at  centOS5.1 server with one centOS5.1 virtual machine, and I set the virtual machine allocate 2 vcpu and minimum memory allocation is 256mb, and maximum memory allocation is 750mb. and the virtual machine running fine at idle status, and allocated 256mb memory.
And today I install an application called dotcms, and it :
Using JAVA_OPTS: -Ddotserver=dotcms_1.5.1 -Xss2048k -Xmn100M -Xms500M -Xmx500M ,
the application is hanged until I manually allocation 515mb memory for this virtual server.
Why the guest os didn't allocation available  memory itself when it needed? How can I make it automatically?
And if I set minimum memory allocation as high as maximum, will it affect other virtual server’s memory requirement?
Thanks!
Jimmy