[Xen-users] Xen Training Session at USENIX; Trainers Wanted

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen Training Session at USENIX; Trainers Wanted
From: "Stephen Spector" <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 09:49:13 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 06:51:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Xen Community:

As part of the Xen Summit being at USENIX Annual Technical Conference this June in Boston, we are having a 1 day Xen hypervisor training session on Sunday June 22. I am looking for people interested in running or assisting in the Xen Training Session. I have some responses already but would like to receive more to ensure that the correct community representation is available for the training event. Thanks.

The following text is being used for the Xen Training description:

Title: Introduction to the Open Source Xen Hypervisor

Trainer(s): TBD

Who should attend: System administrators and architects who are interested in deploying the open

source Xen hypervisor in a production environment. No prior experience with Xen is required however

a basic knowledge of Linux is helpful.

The Xen hypervisor offers a powerful, efficient and secure feature set for virtualization of x86,

 x86_64, IA64, PowerPC and other CPU architectures, and has been used to virtualize a wide range

of guest operating systems, including Windows®, Linux®, Solaris® and various versions of the BSD

operating systems. It is widely regarded as a strategically compelling alternative to proprietary

virtualization platforms and hypervisors for x86 and IA64 platforms.

Take back to work: How to build and deploy the Xen hypervisor

Topics Include:

* Xen architecture overview

* Building a Xen hypervisor from Xen.org

* Installation and configuration

* Virtual machine creation and operation

* Best practices using Xen

Stephen Spector

Sr. Program Manager, Xen.org

stephen.spector@xxxxxxx