Re: [Xen-users] vfb in PV

Nikhil Talpallikar wrote:
I tried to install vnc using the rpm vnc-4.1.2-9.fc6.src.rpm. i got the following error.

[root@fc6_pristine /]# rpm -ivh vnc-4.1.2-9.fc6.src.rpm
error: cannot create %sourcedir /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES
[root@fc6_pristine /]#

how do i install vnc and X11 components to this PVM?

plz help.

thanks.

cheers,
nikhil

Try installing binary RPM's you are trying to install source RPM. and from the error i see that there is no directory named SOURCES in the /usr/src/redhat Folder where the RPM tries to keep Sources. and also there should be one more folder named SPECS in the /usr/src/redhat folder and by the way where are you trying to install the RPM????
Is the image a Live CD or a Installable Image or the Installed Image.

Regards,
Sairam