[Xen-users] Troubleshoot disk image file.

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Troubleshoot disk image file.
From: kanour <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 05:07:40 +0000
Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 20:51:37 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi I have got disk image file windowsvm.vhd where I have partition with
windows machine.
I cannot start the VM which should boot from this disk (image file).

I would need to somehow troubleshoot this issue. I need to get at least
data out of it. Probably somehow get the disk working under linux and then
mount the partition.

Or if there is some corruption on partition table and the partition will
now show I need to repair it.

Can anyone give me hint?

I tried kpartx -av windowsvm.vhd

This created /dev/loop0

However I cannot see the partition inside.

--
Regards,

kanour