Re: [Xen-users] gplpv 0.8.4 not removing gemu harddisk and rtl 8139 netw

To: hinrich.aue@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] gplpv 0.8.4 not removing gemu harddisk and rtl 8139 network card
From: Holger Miefert <Holger.Miefert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:50:52 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:21:55 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Hinrich,

Hinrich Aue schrieb:
I tried 0.8.4, but even with /gplpv switch in boot.ini the qemu harddisk and
rtl 8139 network adapter is still being used.

check this thread in the ML: Release 0.8.4 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows
I allready filed this bug today:

> Is it right that even with /gplpv boot-option there only is a
> qemu-disk and the realtek nic?
> I have reason to believe that the gplpv drivers are installed on the
> system, but are not active...

James Harper wrote:
I wonder if this is the same problem as I suspect another guy was having
when the language was set to 'French'. Are you using 'German' as your
system language? If so, can you tell me what the name of the 'PCI Bus'
device is in device manager? I think it could be 'Bus PCI' in French...
I probably need to use something a little more unchanging to detect the
PCI Bus to attach xenhide to.