Re: [Xen-users] Problem installing CentOS DomU.

To: uxbod@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem installing CentOS DomU.
From: Sadique Puthen <sputhenp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:12:55 +0530
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jia Rao <rickenrao@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 01:45:27 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
--[ UxBoD ]-- wrote:
Hi,

I am running a 64bit Dom0 on CentOS 5.1 and use the stock YUM packages.  All my
DomUs are 32 bit and they do crash quite often.  The suggestion I received from
here was either wait till CentOS 5.2 comes out with 3.2 included, or compile
from source.
Yes, this is true. RHEL/Cento 5.1 has only basic support for running 32bit pv on 64 bit dom0. It has stability and reliability issue which is going to be fixed in RHEL-5.2. BTW, RHEl5.2 is not going to include xen-3.2. But just fixes for the above issue.

--Sadique

I have compiled that source and that was fine, but I am worried about
installing over the top of the distro packages.

Regards,