[Xen-users] Xen Summit 2007

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen Summit 2007
From: Christian Witt <christian_witt@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:57:08 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:57:34 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear ladies and gentlemen,

in the presentation file for the xen summit 2007 from Donald Dugger
about "Updating Xen for the Client Environment" on page 8 I found an
interesting option for saving the Windows-Guest-Operating System.

I have an Intel 6550 prozessor with VT extension, that's why I want to
use hardware virtualisierung / paravirtualisierung. Till now my Windows
only works with hvm:
--
#  -*- mode: python; -*-
# Kernel image file.

# The domain build function. HVM domain uses 'hvm'.
builder='hvm'
memory = 512
name = "WindowsXP"
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ]
disk = [ 'file:/xen-gast/WindowsXP.xen,hda,w', ',hdc:cdrom,w' ]
device_model = '/usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
boot='c'
sdl=1
vnc=0
vncpasswd=''
stdvga=0
serial='pty'
soundhw='all'
--
how should the xen-guest-config-file look if I want to use the CPU
native for Windows and not with qemu? (I want to use sound and network

with kindly regards
Christian Witt