Re: [Xen-users] Dummies guide to Xen networking?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Dummies guide to Xen networking?
From: "Javier Guerra" <javier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:01:30 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:02:05 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 2/18/08, Tom Horsley <tom.horsley@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> This way I can have near infinite numbers of IPs for
> lots of virtual machines instead of sharing the somewhat
> limited pool available in the rest of the lab.

you might get that, or you might find yourself that only Dom0 can
connect, or maybe you suddenly need another NAT layer... it's not a
Xen issue, it's a routing and network design issue.

you have to think it in terms of network equipement: you're given a
ethernet port and many machines.  how do you connect? a switch? a
router? use NAT, firewalls, tunnels? (almost) any answer you would get
for physical machines, you can replicate in Xen.

--
Javier