Re: [Xen-users] Xen DomU Communication Problems

To: Sarah Scheibe <scheibe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen DomU Communication Problems
From: Age_M <Age_M@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 19:43:05 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:45:01 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Sarah,

Sarah Scheibe schrieb:
However, I've tried pci passthrough in the past several times and so far have had absolutely no luck.

first of all, you need to hide the PCI device (I guess it's a controller-card?). You need to find out the ID of you pci-device:

dom0 # lspci

I can see for example, my onboard network controller:
00:07.0 Bridge: nVidia Corporation MCP61 Ethernet (rev a2)

So, the device ID is 00:07.0
To hide the device in dom0, I use the pciback.hide option in my bootloader:

just add pciback.hide=(00:07.0) to your module line in grub.conf or menu.lst

Next you add the following to your domU config-file:

pci = [ '00:07.0' ]

That's it. If you can't see the pci device in your domU try to add the noirqdebug option to your module line (grub.conf) and your domU config (extra = "noirqdebug").

Hope it helps,

Greetz Holger