Re: [Xen-users] debian install

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] debian install
From: Imre Oolberg <imre@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:18:39 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 04:15:20 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hallo!

I can from my experience suggest using latest stable debian e.g. 'etch' and all software comes from official release repositories. Its not latest and greatest Xen but its maintained by Debian. I put together little text based different sources from internet on, it is not in english but the examples may be of use

http://kuutorvaja.eenet.ee/wiki/Virtualiseerimine_tarkvaraga_Xen

But main thing to notice on AMD64 with Debian is to have in xend-config.sxp line (or it was at least for me on smp hp dl 385 computer unstable i.e. rebooted itself)

# In SMP system, dom0 will use dom0-cpus # of CPUS
# If dom0-cpus = 0, dom0 will take all cpus available
(dom0-cpus 1)

I cant complain, runs stable and performs good for me.

Imre

edu gargiulo wrote:
Hi all,

I'm starting to read about xen and I'm going to do my first xen
install on a debian (stable) system. I would like to know from
experienced debian users which install method do you recommend. There
are debianized versions of xen in the stable reps (for i686 and kernel
2.6.18) but I'll run xen on amd64, so may be I should install xen from
sources. Which method do you recommend? Any hint (or up to date
documments to read about) would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english,

--
edu gargiulo