[Xen-users] ethX device ubuntu 7.10

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] ethX device ubuntu 7.10
From: Casper <kl@xxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 19:04:25 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 09:04:56 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Hello,

I experienced that on few Xen servers after maybe not clean reboot ubuntu 7.10 server DomU changes device number to next eth"X" number and network script uses previous on boot so there is no network on DomU... I experienced in 3.1.x and new 3.2.0 Xen versions... How I understand maybe udev not correctly discover Xen network device and every time assigns next number for eth device... Anybody experienced this? What is best way to repair it? I`m thinking maybe if I put my generated HW address for DomU configuration udev will not change numbers...

thanx,

Casper