AW: [Xen-users] lspci in domU shows nothing

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: AW: [Xen-users] lspci in domU shows nothing
From: "Hoeld, Hermann" <HERMANN.HOELD@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:40:16 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 08:40:58 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello!

It seems to be a normal behaviour.
I have also installed a SLES 10 SP 1 in a domU and the behaviour was the same.
If you do not pass through a pci device, then lspci delivers absolute nothing.
If you pass through a pci device, then lspci delivers output.
But following kernel-configuration in domU is necessary:
CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND=y

Type zcat /proc/config.gz > .config
grep XEN_PCIDEV .config
in your domU to see, if it is right configured.

In my opinion it is not possible to pass through pci devices to a sles9 sp3
domU, because the kernel 2.6.5-7.282 (modified for xen) does not support "XEN
PCI FRONTEND".

best Regards!

Hermann