Re: [Xen-users] cdrom pv install

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] cdrom pv install
From: jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:38:26 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:39:26 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Monday 28 January 2008 04:40:00 pm jonr@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> At the risk of sounding like an idiot, I thought when you installed
> from CD that the install would be a HVM and not a PV, is that incorrect?

Actually, the problem is not being able to boot off a cd/dvd, not that you
can't read it. Some distros provide a xen kernel image on the install disk,
and virt-manager/Yast, etc. extract that image to /tmp to boot off of, then
proceed with the normal install.