[Xen-users] CentOS 5.1 Fully Virtualized Bridged Network

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] CentOS 5.1 Fully Virtualized Bridged Network
From: "Nicholas E. Hubbard" <nicholas.e.hubbard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 04:00:07 -0600
Delivery-date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 02:01:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have spent the better part of the last eight hours fighting with trying to set up a test box in a bridged mode on my server.

First i had to comment out the brctl addif $2 $1 from the qemu-ifup file and then I also had to manually change my route from the vif2.0 interface to the tap0 interface. I also had to manually enable proxy_arp.

Can anyone explain to me why I needed the route to go to tap0 instead of vif2.0?

Secondly, this requires for each interface that i have online a tap and a vif. Is there any better way to handle this? Also is there any way to update the script to automatically create the correct route to the tap instead of the vif.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I am forced to use bridged networking due to the network config beyond my server.

--
Nicholas E. Hubbard