[Xen-users] Increasing the kernel command line size

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Increasing the kernel command line size
From: Anthony Wright <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 22:59:09 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:59:42 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm having problems with my Dom0 kernel command lines being truncated, and I want to increase the command line size. They currently default to a maximum size of 256 bytes and I want to increase that to 1024 bytes.

I changed the #defined variable COMMAND_LINE_SIZE in 3 places in the 2.6.18 kernel from 256 to 1024, but it had no effect. I'm aware that I'm actually passing my command line to Xen which then passes it to the Dom0 kernel, but I discovered the #define GUEST_CMDLINE_SIZE which is already set to 1024.

Can somebody tell me how I can increase the command line size? (I'm on xen 3.1.2 with kernel 2.6.18)

Is there a way to look at the command line as it passes through Xen to find out whether it's being truncated by Xen or the Dom0 kernel?

Is there a way to use a later linux kernel version than 2.6.18 since they support much longer command lines?

thanks,

Tony Wright