[Xen-users] Unable connect to the domU console

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'>
Subject: [Xen-users] Unable connect to the domU console
From: "P, Namitha" <Namitha.P@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 18:29:44 +0530
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:09:55 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi

        I am running xen on sles10 sp1. Already created one vm for sles10 sp1 using " directory installation " to create image file , by following the instruction given under http://www.novell.com/documentation/suse10/index.html?page=/documentation/suse10/adminguide/data/sec_xen_inst.html. Vm created successfully (xm create conffile). But I am not able to connect to the console(vnc based) when I use xm console vmid command.

VM will start (text console tty1) but it will ask for login and passward. I have not found any option to enter password previously during first bootup process. So which password to use. I shows invalid password.

Config file is

Kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-xen"
Ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-xen"
Memory =128
Name= "sles10"
Vcpus = 1

Localtime =1
Builder = "linux"
Vif = ['mac =00:0B:DB:D0:11:10 ']
Disk = [ 'file:/var/lib/xen/images/sles10/disk0 ,hda1, w' ] Root = "/dev/hda1 ro"

Mac address is the actual address used in the host (eth0) This is created after creating disk image (in the above specified location)

So what is the problem ......if problem is due to vnc thing how to resolve it. I tried by adding vnc =1 line to the config file, but it is not working.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you....