Re: [Xen-users] xen sourcen - different kernel

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen sourcen - different kernel
From: Holm Kapschitzki <holm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:35:18 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 07:36:07 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jeroen Torrekens schrieb:
Hi,

I hope you mean 2.6.20-6 ;-)

oh of course ;)

Anyway... linux is just a kernel. The rest are a series of tools to make
life easy. Normally it should work to drop the gentoo kernel into an etch
system.

this kernel is patched with xen patches on gentoo. ok i ll have a try. so the main problem with different kernel ist just how to patch with xen patches?

Compiling xen out of the sources, there is a point, a xen patched kernel 2.6.18-5 is downloaded automaticly. So it doesnt matter to my the kernel data on tree und just cdompile my own patched xen kernel.

greetings Holm