Re: [Xen-users] Viewing core dump from Windows XP HVM

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Viewing core dump from Windows XP HVM
From: Jonathan Ervine <jervine@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:02:45 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:03:49 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday 16 January 2008 04:37:52 Ryan Persaud wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew of a good tool for viewing core dumps
> generated by running xm dump-core (xen 3.1) on a Windows XP HVM.
> Basically, I'm trying to figure out where the kernel memory begins,
> and it's slow going with a hex editor.  I tried using GDB, but I got
> the message: "not in executable format: File format not recognized"

Hi Ryan,
What command are you using when trying to view the core file in gdb? Are
you running gdb file <corefile_name> ? Just want to rule the blindingly
obvious first of all.

How large is the core file that is/has been generated, and how much RAM
does your system (Dom0 I guess?) have available?

Jon