[Xen-users] Ubuntu Gutsy Xen problems : DomU n/w not working

To: XenUsers <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Ubuntu Gutsy Xen problems : DomU n/w not working
From: jd <jdsw2002@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:29:47 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:30:26 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry.. here is with attachment containing brctl,
ifconfig and xm info.

Hi
   I am mainly a Fedora user but I am trying to use
Xen on Ubuntu. I installed the ubuntu-server-xen
package. And my system is upto date. Also have
network-script to  network-bridge and vif-script to
vif-bridge. Added loop_max=64 to the /etc/modules.

Problem
=======
The  domU N/w is not working

the bridge does not seem to have any interfaces. On
Fedora it had peth0 and vif0.0. The Ubuntu
distribution is having veth0.. interfaces.

brctl show
bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled
 interfaces
xenbr0          8000.feffffffffff       no

As I start the VMs the vif<domid>.0 interfaces do get
added. But the domU does not get the n/w (as I think
the other end of the bridge is not setup correctly).
This is true for both PV and HVM guests

I tried to add manually veth0, brctl fails with
invalid argument.
I tried adding vif0.0 and eth0. With this my domU n/w
worked but dom0 n/w is lost.!!

Any ideas on how to resolve this.

Thanks
/Jd