Re: [Xen-users] Serial support with XEN and RHEL5.1

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
timm@xxxxxxxx  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Assistant Group Leader.

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008, tmac wrote:

where do I get info for this particular instance:
kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=4000000 com1=9600,8n1
?

I am using ttyS1 (com2) and would prefer to use:
115200, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control (may hardware flow
control if there are issues).

you need on the xen.gz line com1=115200,8n1
and then on the first module line
console=ttyS1,115200

Steve

From serial, I can currently see the grub menu, I can press the arrow and
interact with grub and boot.

The serial side shows the boot process and stops after showing the
"kernel/module/module" stanze.

Any ideas?

thanks