Re: RE [Xen-users] Resizing partitions on a VM sitting on a LVM volume

To: "Erich Weiler <weiler" <weiler@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RE [Xen-users] Resizing partitions on a VM sitting on a LVM volume
From: Alain BARTHE <alain.barthe@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 18:08:09 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 09:09:01 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Erich Weiler <weiler@xxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit sur 10/01/2008 17:49:27 :

> > I don't know why, but I experienced the same problem with parted, so we
> > use fdisk.
>
> Do have the syntax to resize partitions using fdisk handy?  The man page
> on fdisk was not very helpful...
>
> Thanks for the advice!
>
> -erich

As fdisk is interactive, there is not particular syntax.
You have to first delete the partition (d), then to recreate it (n) by giving the same starting cylinder than before, and by giving the total number of cylinders as last cylinder.

Note that you can only resize the last partition of your disk.

Hope this helps.

Alain.