[Xen-users] Re : xen on Debian Etch : problem resolved !!!

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re : xen on Debian Etch : problem resolved !!!
From: <gthiery@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 22:57:29 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 13:58:20 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I told you yesterday evening that I had succeeded to create a new domU
using xen-tools but while launching this domU I had an error : the system
tried to access to my dom0 filesystem, according to what I've seen on the
console writings. The domU filesystem was hda1 and hda2 and the system
tried to access to sda5 wich correspond to my dom0 filesystem.
I have succeeded in launching a domU that I had configured in another
method : I have copied the most important directories of the dom0
filesystem to my domUdisk-image and launched it (I've seen that on the
french wiki) but the configuration was not totally clear and for commercial
purpose it isn't good to have this type of configuration. But I have
compared the two config files and seen that in the config file which was
working there was no initrd statement, although there was one in the config
file made by xen-tools. I then removed the initrd statement in the
xen-tools config-file and it works !!!
Now I think that the initrd file, which was made according to my dom0
filesystem caused the problem and that's why I had seen som references to
my dom0 filesystem...

For your information : the first method I have used (copying the whole
filesystem to the domU disk-image) worked but at each reboot of the domU
the ethernet interface was increased by one, I tell you this because I've
seen this some days ago on the mailing list, sorry I have'nt the mail under
my eyes so I cannot tell you when. Hawaver the xen-tools domU doesn't have
it's ethernet interface increasing at each reboot...

Best regards,

Guillaume Thiery