Re: [Xen-users] Question about ioemu ...

> So ... it has no diference, right ? this is my question, I tested ,
> and it worked

It shouldn't make a difference to block devices.  For net devices it still has
some kind of effect, but for block it's completely ignored.

> on both way. For me ..make a copy from dom0 to domU has no sense,
> it use
>
> network. It is not a copy from a partition to another, because I'm using
> NTFS
>
> on a LVM virtual partition. Frorm my windows on DomU, I
> don't have acess
>
> to Dom0  (centOS) file system and vice-versa ..

Well, I guess Jim meant to say that you should copy data from the VBD into the
domU's memory?

Something like dd if=big_file of=/dev/null would achieve this, as a basic IO
benchmark.

But in any case...  In an HVM domain you'll always be using the emulated
devices, unless you install PV drivers.  In a PV domain you're always using
the PV drivers anyhow.  The ioemu switch does not seem to have an effect for
block devices anymore.

Cheers,
mark