RE: [Xen-users] Xen Configuration questions

To: "'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen Configuration questions
From: "Joseph L. Casale" <jcasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 16:38:29 -0700
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 15:40:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>1). Is RHEL & Xen ready for prime time?  (is it production ready, will
>I sleep at night?)

>2). Each Xen instance will have a LUN on the iSCSI.  Should I connect
>the LUN on Domain0 and then have the DomU load it or  should I have
>each DomU run iSCSI directly with the SAN?  I want to enable live
>migrate between the blades.
>
>3). Are there any pre-built Xen 'Appliances' for common things like
>DNS resolvers?
>
>4). Should I use rsync between the blades to syn the xen configs to I
>can live migrate guest machines between the blades?
>
>My primary concern is #1, if it isn't stable I'll look to VMWare or
>Virtuozzo.  I have a machine running Virtuozzo already and it works
>ok,  Would rather run something open though,  Linux has served me well
>the last 17 years.
>
>-Matt

I too am curious about these exact questions. I am new to both Linux and Xen
though. I can say I have used vmware for these same platforms in your exact
scenario with an iSCSI san but am wanting to move to Xen for cost reasons. If
you find the answers to these questions off list, kindly update the thread as I
am anxiously awaiting direction from experienced users myself :)

jlc