[Xen-users] MythTV and Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] MythTV and Xen
From: lists <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:17:43 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 09:18:13 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello All,

Is anyone successfully running MythTV in either a Dom0 or DomU?  I have
mythtv running with 4 PCI Hauppauge Nova-T DVB cards in a C2D system
with a G33 chipset mobo under OpenSUSE 10.3.  Everything works perfectly
under the x86-64 kernel, as soon as I reboot into the Xen kernel I get
picture tearing and eventually mythtv will crash, usually with a glibc
malloc error.  The best way I can describe the picture tearing is that
it's almost like the TV signal has become very weak, there are lots of
mpeg artifacts on the screen like squares of static image and blocks of
strange coloured pixels.

I'm open to suggestions of other distros to try.  Fedora Core 8 springs
to mind as a possibility since it was only recently released so should
have a very up-to-date version of Xen included.

Kind regards,

Steve.