Re: [Xen-users] Questions about iSCSI in a domU

To: "Eric Einhorn" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Questions about iSCSI in a domU
From: "Rami Rosen" <roszenrami@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:47:30 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 22:48:10 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=DrY/ZsPbMIxYFAPUIC5qWI87eskAcahve5ijbdeDPdI=; b=sEoXTkBWyCFiwBJKilXuWhPw98MoauQ6i3kgHCEGj8UynxHm2TzYhoQsYfHddWLYaQGIevfDPV5sZyJ+Raz4zwkuO/CDMbxAhBfmmEKoRxbF/rVPvFdh8eX9sHEwAqxGWjq135NB7A0uX0wg0q/lc9dlRy5hrYQEHk9FR3iC/hw=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I remember I made some tests some months ago with iSCSI in domU.

I tried it with the block-iscsi script of Kurt Garloff, (Novell/SuSe)
(http://www.suse.de/~garloff/linux/xen/scripts/block-iscsi)

You should be able to have in domU config script an entry which
starts with 'iscsi' instead of 'phy';
something like this:
disk = [ 'iscsi: iqn.2001-01.com.example:diskraid-sn-a8111309', hda, w' ].

It could be that this attitude will be slower a bit than the alternative;
which is perform login to iSCSI targets from domU and than mounting
them from domU.

Regards,
Rami Rosen