Re: [Xen-users] Xen dom0 memory

Michael,

Again...

I can tell you that other people like you and me had the same problem.
After patching grub, and verifying that grub can see all the 4gb of memory, they realised that it could only be a Xen kernel related problem.
He says that after upgrading to Xen 3.1 the problem disapears so...

They were using Xen 3.0.3-1 kernel like me (Debian Etch one)

I haven't tried yet but will do it in a few days, when i will have time.

I will let you know if you want.

Regards.
Julien.

Michael Williams a écrit :
So if it's not PAE, and I have already tried the grub patch and recompile,  what could it be?  I added the volatile clause to the cont variable and my xen system still thinks it only has 3199 MB of memory.

~Michael

Mark Williamson wrote:
Am Tuesday, den 18 December hub Michael Williams folgendes in die Tasten:

I just discovered that my xen hypervisor only believes that it has 3199
MB of memory, when there are 4GB inside the computer.  I don't know how
long this has been this way, but I do not know how to try and force the
hypervisor to realize how much memory it has.  Any ideas how I can
accomplish this?

I am running CentOS 5 (RHEL 5), kernel 2.6.18-53.1.4.el5xen, x86_64, xen
3.0.3.

You'll have to use a PAE enabled kernel to get the full 4GB of RAM as
the pci-memory resides below the 4GB boundary and will prevent using
of your full physical memory without PAE.

That's a common problem but it doesn't apply in this case since he's using
x86_64.  Assuming the version of Xen is built for 64-bit then there's no
PAE / non-PAE distinction.  x86_64 effectively has PAE switched on all the
time.

Cheers,
Mark

____________________________________

Julien Reveillet
j.reveillet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Graphique
Alliance
Solution pré-presse et gestion de documents

Centre Emeraude Cidex 3
61/69 Rue Camille Pelletan 33150 CENON
Tél. 05 56 67 55 78
Fax. 05 57 54 12 77