Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 crash on hvm creation

To: Steven Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 crash on hvm creation
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 04:58:43 +0000
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Brendan Wood <bwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 20:59:35 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Did centos 5.1 do something different than the Red Hat on which
> they were based?  the Red Hat 5 /update 1 is still claiming to
> have xen 3.0.3 and 32-bit guests on 64bit dom0 as a "technology preview",
> i.e. it doesn't work yet,.

From what I've heard, Redhat haven't changed the package version number but
it's actually now based on 3.1 under RHEL 5.1...  I know how crazy that
sounds, but there was definitely supposed to be a Xen update in this release
and at least two people on the mailing list have said that it *is* 3.1 even
though it claims not to be!

I'm not sure what's going on there; my CentOS 5 box isn't at 5.1 yet but in
any case I'm currently running a custom Xen on there.

> If anyone does have that feature working
> on either redhat or centos, let me know.

As for 64-bit status I don't know what RedHat's policy is on that, even since
the 5.1 release.

Cheers,
Mark