Re: [Xen-users] How can I install xen in Debian Lenny?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jensseidel@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How can I install xen in Debian Lenny?
From: kanour-xen <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:48:16 +1100
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 01:49:08 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jens Seidel wrote:
On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 04:16:33PM +1100, kanour-xen wrote:
<head>
  <title></title>

Please do not send such a crap. This is a mailinglist and it is assumed
that text is send to it, no HTML. I suggest to resend the mail so that I
can read it!

Jens

Dear Jens.
Sorry about that. I changed the setting immediately.

In regards to my question, I installed binary package from XenSource and then installed debian binary packages with tools, docs. It seems to work without issues. I just couldn't figure it out how to compile xen-kernel under Lenny that I could use the debian binary packages with it (hypevisor, etc.)

Here is the copy of my previous question:
kanour-xen wrote:
Hi all. I would need to explain something around xen and Debian Lenny.

I decided to use Debian Lenny instead of Etch because of Xen 3.1. However, when I finish the installation I found out that there is not the linux-xen image in Lenny.

Why there is hypervisor and other xen related packages and there is NOT the xen image? My aim is to use binary packages instead of compiling anything, but using xen 3.1. Is there any way how to achieve it? If not, what is the procedure in Lenny? You compile just the xen-image and use the binary packages in debian?

I just don't understand.

Thanks for explanation.

Jiri

In addition, I am not sure if I am right, but is the idea behind it as follows:

    * Install binary package from xensource.com
* and then install xen-tools, xen-utils, xen-docs, xen-hypervisor , xen-shell from debian binary packages

Thanks for explaining this .

Jiri