[Xen-users] mini-os.elf not created after "make"

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] mini-os.elf not created after "make"
From: "Alasdair P Mclean" <mcleanap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:04:26 -0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 07:05:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey guys, having a problem getting Mini-os to run on xen.

Using a Scientific Linux 4.1 dom0, I type "make" in the extras/mini-os directory which creates the domain_config file, mini-os.gz file and several .o files. However no mini-os.elf file (that the domain_config says is the Kernel) is created, and so running xm with that config fails.

I've tried using gcc3 and gcc4, and (rather naively) even tried pointing the domain_config to mini-os.gz which unsurprisingly didn't work. Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers,
Alasdir